The Pittsburgh Steelers have released their first depth chart of the 2022 season. For anyone who listened to head coach Mike Tomlin about the initial depth chart in years past, Steelers fans shouldn’t give a damn. too much importance to this list at the moment. But, it is a starting point and gives an indication of what the team expected for the 2022 season.
While the names on this list are bound to change over the Steelers’ three preseason games, here are the players listed as starters on offense, defense and special teams with some additional notes below.
To view the official Steelers depth chart, click HERE.
WR — Diontae Johnson
LT-Dan Moore Jr..
LG—Kevin Dotson/Kendrick Green
RT — Chuks Okorafor
TE — Pat Freiermuth
RB — Najee Harris
FB — Derek Watt
QB – Mitch Trubisky
- Two players are listed at guard, with the Steelers not recognizing Kevin Dotson or Kendrick Green as favorites.
- The quarterback depth chart includes Mitch Trubisky, Mason Rudolph, Kenny Pickett and Chris Oladokun.
- Rookie Calvin Austin III is buried at fourth receiver behind Diontae Johnson, with second and third on the team being Anthony Miller, Cody White, Myles Boykin, Gunner Olszewski and Steven Sims.
- Connor Hayward is listed as the third tight end behind Freiermuth and Zach Gentry and ahead of Kevin Rader and Jace Sternberger.
- In running back, Benny Snell Jr. is ranked second behind Najee Harris, followed by Anthony McFarland Jr. and Jaylen Warren.
LOLB — TJ Watt
NT — Tyson Alualu
DT — Larry Ogunjobi
ROLB — Alex Highsmith
LCB — Levi Wallace/Ahkello Witherspoon
RCB — Cam Sutton
FS — Minkah Fitzpatrick
LILB — Devin Bush/Robert Spillane
RILB — Myles Jack
NICKEL — Arthur Maulet
- Left inside linebacker and left cornerback position have two players listed as starters.
- The three second team players from the defensive line are Isaiahh Loudermilk, Montravius Adams and Chris Wormley.
- Seventh-round draft pick Mark Robinson is the last inside linebacker listed on the fourth team.
- Chris Steele is listed as the next player behind Wallace and Witherspoon at left cornerback while James Pierre is listed ahead of Justin Layne who backs Cameron Sutton at right cornerback.
- Damontae Kazee is listed as the reserve strong safety, with Tre Norwood next in free safety.
Special teams starters
LS — Christian Kuntz
K — Chris Boswell
P—Pressley Harvin III
KR/PR – Gunner Olszewski
Notables from special teams:
- Calvin Austin III is listed as the second KR/PR.
Be sure to stay tuned to BTSC for the latest news and notes on the Pittsburgh Steelers as they continue training camp and prepare for the 2022 regular season. To listen to a special podcast, check out BTSC editor Dave Schofield in the audio player below.